There are usual two ways of installing WordPress plugins one is via FTP client and other one is directly from WordPress dashboard. In most of the cases if your WordPress blog is on free web hosting then installing plugin directly from WordPress admin panel may not work for you. I suggest you to move to good paid web hosting .
How to install WordPress plugin directly from WordPress admin panel
- Login to your WordPress admin panel.
- Move over to plugins and click add new.
- Here i will take an example of Google XML sitemap WordPress plugin.
- On the next screen you can enter any plugins to be searched and click on search plugin.
- On the next page you will see many plugins of your related keyword searched. I searched for Google XML sitemap plugin, click on install now link which is below the plugins name.
- After installing the plugin successfully, Now its turn to activate the plugin so that it can work with your current WordPress blog. Click on activate plugin.
Now the plugin has been completely installed. You can change the settings of the plugin if there is necessity. I hope you have found this simple steps useful.