WordPress is one of the most popular free content management system (CMS). You can create a blog using WordPress, or a regular website without a blog, or both. It’s easy to manage and update contents on your website using only a text editor.
How to install WordPress via FTP client
1. The first thing is to get your FTP account details. When you sign up with a web hosting provider you will get a email from the respective web hosting company which contains your FTP account information like
Hosting/FTP User Name: your username
Web Site URL: your domain URL
FTP Site URL: your FTP URL etc.,
2. Login to your web hosting provider account
- Find your domain name and click on Manage Account
- Click on Databases, choose MySQL and click Create Database
- Write description, choose usernameand password
- Click OK and wait until your MySQL is setup
3. Installing WordPress file to your servers.
- Download and unzip the latest version of WordPress from here.
- In the WordPress folder open wp-sample-config.php and search for these lines
// ** MySQL settings – You can get this info from your web host ** //
/** The name of the database */
/** MySQL database username */
/** MySQL database password */
/** MySQL hostname */
Take MySQL Database info which you have created in step 2
- Your MySQL Database Name should replace with yourdbname
- Your MySQL User Name should replace with your username
- Your MySQL password should replace with your password
- Your MySQL Host Name should replace with your localhost
After changing all the above detail save the file and rename it as wp-config.php which was initially named as wp-sample-config.php
4. Open your FTP client and fill in the details like host, username, password, and port and click on quick connect and place all the files from your WordPress folder onto your server.
5. Go to http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/install.php If everything went fine then you can see a screen as shown below.
- Enter your Blog title and email address And click on Install WordPress. On the next screen you will see a message of successful installation and you can login to WordPress admin panel via your username and password.
If you have any doubts and queries then you can use our contact form to contact us. If you like this tutorial then don’t forget to subscribe to our free email newsletters.
If you don’t want to do all this stuff then LineToWeb also offers WordPress Installation Service which will help your site or blog in search engine rankings, SEO and there are much more benefits. For more details click here.